COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
The health and safety of our patients and team have always been our top priority here at Lindner Dental. We continue to adhere to the highest standards of infection control as we have since the day we opened our office. In light of the novel coronavirus, some of our office protocols have evolved to maintain social distancing and ensure your health and safety.
WHAT WE ARE DOING BEHIND THE SCENES:
- We have implemented a new patient check-in process. Please see details below.
- Appointments are managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We are cognizant of the number of people in the building for appointments and will adjust as necessary.
- Plexiglass has been installed to prevent patient /employee contact upon check-in and check-out.
- Doors will be left open to prevent contact except when necessary to ensure patient privacy.
- Employees are required to self-report health status before each shift as well as have their temperatures taken.
- Employees are required to wear masks at all times.
- Clinicians are required to wear the appropriate PPE, including double masks, protective gowns, gloves and face shields. Head coverings are not required but strongly suggested. N95 masks are worn underneath a surgical mask and cleaned and stored appropriately at the end of each shift. Surgical masks are changed and face shields are cleaned after each patient as well as anything that has been touched by a patient or hygienist. Hygienists never leave their clinical areas with a gown or face shield on.
- Our tooth brushing station has been temporarily converted to a hand washing station. We ask patients to brush their teeth prior to their visit.
- Standardized cleaning protocols have been implemented in all staff/hygiene/operative areas.
- New MERV 13 air filters have been installed to filter out extremely small particles and do not allow for the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew or fungi.
HOW DO I CHECK- IN FOR AN APPOINTMENT?
All patients are required to wear a face-covering to enter the building. They will then have their temperature taken and be asked a set of screening questions. Once this is completed, they will check-in at the front desk upon arrival. If the clinician is not quite ready yet, patients will wait in their vehicle until called. There is a hand sanitizing station set up just before you reach the front desk. We ask that you please use the sanitizer before you proceed to your appointment.
CAN I ACCOMPANY MY CHILD TO HIS/HER APPOINTMENT?
All children may be accompanied by ONE adult-only, if necessary. All other visitors, including siblings, must remain outside the building. Parents waiting in their vehicles must not leave the parking lot during their child’s appointment and must be readily available upon completion.
WILL I NEED TO FILL OUT PAPERWORK?
We will make every effort to minimize paperwork; however, if you need to fill out a form, you will be given an unused pen to take home.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN TERMS OF COST?
Team members involved in patient care use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect both themselves and patients, including but not limited to: N95 or KN95 masks, surgical mask, isolations gowns, disposable gloves, eye protection. After every appointment, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Multiple barriers are used in the room to keep patients safe during each procedure and these are also discarded prior to complete room disinfection.
Due to the significant increase in PPE cost and nationwide shortages, the code D1999 will be used to document and report the use of additional PPE. This code is now billable to your insurance company.
WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT MY MISSED APPOINTMENT?
We ask that you please wait for a call from our office to reschedule appointments that were canceled due to the office closure. We are working diligently to contact patients and are rescheduling based on appointment urgency. Beginning May 18th, if your appointment is scheduled within the next several weeks, please do not consider the appointment confirmed UNLESS you have received a call from our office. Please be patient with us as we navigate the uncharted territory of rescheduling and maintaining appointments while adhering to strict safety and social distancing guidelines.
CAN I CALL TO MAKE A FUTURE CLEANING APPOINTMENT?
Yes. To schedule a future cleaning appointment, please call the office during business hours. The scheduling desk will do their very best to accommodate your availability.
IS LINDNER DENTAL ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS?
We will continue to accept new patients as scheduling permits.
HOW CAN I PREPARE MY CHILD FOR THEIR FIRST VISIT BACK?
We have created a fun video of Marvin the Molar coming to our office to have his teeth cleaned. Please click on the video below to view with your child.
WHAT IF I CAN NOT GET THROUGH TO YOU ON THE PHONE?
We anticipate our phone lines to be very busy these first few weeks. If you are unable to get through to us, please send an email to Info@LindnerDental.com. This mailbox is checked periodically during business hours.
WILL YOUR HOURS REMAIN THE SAME?
Yes. Our hours will remain Monday – Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Saturday hours will be posted on our website and Google page.
WHAT IF MY CHILD DOES NOT WANT TO WEAR A MASK?
AAP recommends parents to practice wearing masks at home before going out, in order to familiarize children with idea. Parents can also try:
- Placing a mask on their child’s favorite stuffed animal or toy character
- Decorating a mask or having one made with a special sports team or character fabric
- Showing their child pictures of other children wearing masks
- Discussing the matter using words and terms they can understand. Sometimes people need to wear masks to protect themselves and others from germs when they are sick.