We hope this message finds you and your family in good spirits and good health! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and your dental care.
Our team, both clinical and administrative, has been working tirelessly to perfect the newly implemented protocols and secure the necessary PPE to ensure the protection of our patients and staff. We assure you our commitment to your safety and the safety of our Lindner Dental family remains a top priority. Below are several measures we have taken to in order for you to feel comfortable and at ease upon your return.
- All patients are required to wear a face covering before entering the building.
- All patients will have their temperature taken before entering the office.
- Patients will check in at the front desk when they arrive. They will be asked to wait in their vehicles if the clinician(s) are not ready.
- All patients will need to answer a set of screening questions before entering the building.
- All children may be accompanied by ONE adult only, if necessary. All other visitors, including siblings, must remain outside the building. Parents waiting in their vehicles must not leave the parking lot during their child’s appointment and must be readily available upon completion.
- Waiting rooms are temporarily closed.
- We have hand sanitizer we ask patients to please use when entering the office.
- We will provide unused pens to sign any necessary documents.
- Our tooth brushing station has been temporarily converted to a hand washing station. We ask patients to brush their teeth prior to their visit.
- We will be limiting the number of patients in the building and practicing safe social distancing.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Plexiglass has been installed to prevent patient /employee contact upon check-in and check-out.
- Doors will be left open to prevent contact except when necessary to ensure patient privacy.
- Employees are required to self-report health status before each shift as well as have their temperatures taken.
- Employees are required to wear masks at all times.
- Clinicians are required to wear the appropriate PPE, including double masks, protective gowns, gloves and face shields.
- Office cleaning protocols in all staff/hygiene/operative areas have increased substantially, utilizing appropriate cleaning products.
- New MERV 13 air filters have been installed to filter out extremely small particles and do not allow for the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew or fungi.
Our office will continue to follow all infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued and we can continue to make informed, appropriate, safety conscious decisions. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep every patient and employee safe in our practice.
Please note we anticipate the phones to be busier than usual. Therefore, please send an email to Info@LindnerDental.com if you are unable to reach us during scheduled business hours.
Cancelled Appointments: We ask that you please wait for a call from our office to reschedule appointments that were cancelled due to the office closure. We are working diligently to contact patients and are rescheduling based on appointment urgency.
Upcoming Appointments: Beginning May 18th, if your appointment is scheduled within the next several weeks, please do not consider the appointment confirmed UNLESS you have received a call from our office. Please be patient with us as we navigate the uncharted territory of rescheduling and maintaining appointments while adhering to strict safety and social distancing guidelines.
Unscheduled Appointments: To schedule a future cleaning appointment, please call the office during business hours. The scheduling desk will do their very best to accommodate your availability. We will continue to accept new patients as scheduling permits.
This year Lindner Dental celebrates 35 wonderful years in the community. The Coronavirus epidemic will change our way of practicing but Lindner Dental will continue to provide quality and safe dental care for years to come! Thank you for your loyalty, your patience, your understanding and your trust. We are so happy to see your smiling faces once again and begin the process of resuming our in-office commitment to your dental health.
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!
Let Us Be The Best Part Of Your Day!
The dentists and staff of Lindner Dental Associates, PC have been dedicated to providing high-quality dental services to patients of all ages, from infants to seniors, since 1985. Our unique practice encompasses pediatric, orthodontic, cosmetic, and restorative dental care for all family members, in a state-of-the-art facility. We strive to provide a comfortable atmosphere for all patients to alleviate any anxiety related to dental care.